About Qatar For Social Work (QFSW)
In July 2013, Her Highness Sheikha Moza Bint established the Qatar Foundation for Social Work in order to contribute to the achievement of human and social development in the State of Qatar, emanating from her belief in establishing a society of confidence, positivity and high morals, as well as out of her keenness to support and strengthen the civil society organizations she had previously established - namely:
- NAMA Center (formerly the Social Development Center), established in 1996.
- Shafallah Center For Persons With Disabilities (formerly Shafallah Center for Children with Special Needs), established in 2001.
- The Family Counseling Center, established in 2002.
- Center for Empowerment and Elderly Care - Ehsan (formerly Qatar Foundation for Elderly People Care), established in 2002.
- Orphans Care Center – Dhreima (formerly Qatar Orphans Foundation), established in 2002.
- The Protection and Social Rehabilitation Center (formerly the Qatar Foundation for Protection and Social Rehabilitation), established in 2012 as a result of the merger of the Qatar Foundation for the protection of children and women (established in 2002), the Social Rehabilitation Center (established in 2007) and the Qatar Foundation for Combating Human Trafficking (established in 2008) - into one institution).
- The Best Buddies Qatar initiative, founded in 2008.
For more information about the Qatar Foundation for Social Work.